2019 marks 100 years since the commencement of Hobart Junior Technical School in Bathurst Street in Hobart. In 1952 the school transferred to the current New Town site as Hobart Technical High School which then became New Town High School in 1962.
To celebrate the Centenary, several events have been planned and former students of the above schools are invited to attend.
The events include:
- March 6: The Great Debate. School Team debates three Supreme Court Judges, all former students.
- Hall of Excellence – Hall of Excellence and Nomination Page, November 1 at New Town High School
- November: Cricket Game. School Team plays an Old Boys Team lead by former student Roger Woolley (’71) who played for Australia, November 2 at the New Town High School
- November: Careers Expo November 1 at New Town High School
- November: Dinner – details when where, cost November 2 at the Elwick functions Centre
If you are interested in receiving further information about the NTHS Centenary, please click here to subscribe.
Please also share with your family members and friends who attended NTHS or its predecessor schools.
Any questions – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Old Scholars: we have formed New Town High Old Scholars’ Association for former students to keep in touch and get involved with projects and activities of benefit to the school. Click here to see more information on NTHOSA.