The Grade 9 and 10 Mt Hotham Skiing and Snowboard Trip has become a fantastic addition to our boys education program at NTHS. The trip is a 6 day action packed adventure that will leave all students smiling from ear to ear with exciting stories to tell for years to come. It provides an opportunity for students to engage in controlled risk taking, essential for the development personal wellbeing and the development of the male adolescent brain.
What does the trip include:
• Return flights Hobart – Melbourne
• Return coach transfers from Melbourne Airport to Mt Hotham
• 5 nights accommodation
• 5 cooked breakfasts and evening meals
• 6 day unlimited Lift Passes
• 5 daily group lessons
• 6 day Ski Hire including carve skis boots and poles or snowboard hire including board boots, and helmet hire. Helmets will be compulsory for safety reasons.
• Guided night Skiing on Wednesday night
• Assisting in the development of an adult male brain through controlled risk taking
• Educate students on the health and wellbeing benefits of life long physical activity through recreational pursuit, and developing a connectedness to a positive and healthy past time.
• Developing mental wellbeing through building self-efficacy skills such as resilience and independence through being responsible for self and others in an outdoor environment that is new and challenging to them.
• Developing social wellbeing through creating new, or building upon positive friendships with like-minded peers and staff members.
• Offer an opportunity to represent NTHS through an interstate trip.
Grades: 9 and 10
Date: Late August Annually.
Cost: Approximatively $2000