The Japan Trip is run every two years, providing senior students with an amazing experience which enriches their learning in the most meaningful way, and gives them a real opportunity to develop communication and intercultural understandings that empower them for life in a diverse Australia and a globalised world.
Students are given the fantastic opportunity to see the rich and varied culture intermingled with the modern technology that Japan is so well known for. Some highlights of the trip include a visit to our Sister School in Hyogo, exploring the history of the Peace Park in Hiroshima and Kyoto’s most famous temples, the excitement of Universal Studios in Osaka, shopping in the busy districts of Tokyo and the wonder of seeing the deer roaming freely through the streets of Nara.
- Return airfares Hobart – Tokyo
- Prepaid airport/airline taxes & levies
- Meet & greet and private coach transfer from Narita airport to Tokyo accommodation
- 10-11 days of international travel
- accommodation with breakfast
- 7 day ordinary Japan rail pass for the bullet train
- 1 day Kansai area pass
- Universal Studios ‘school special’ Passport
- QBE Travel Insurance Policy
Additional Personal Expenses:
- Passport costs/Visa costs for non-Australian passport holders
- Meals other than specified
- Personal Expenses
- Entrance fees other than specified
Estimated Tour Cost: Based on 25 students and 3 teachers
$3500 plus spending money for additional meals, personal expenses and minor entrance fees
Students are given the opportunity to:
- develop communication skills and intercultural understandings
- develop problem-solving skills and build self-confidence through the challenges of finding their way around and caring for themselves in a foreign country
- make new friends and build on existing friendships and relationships
- meet Japanese students from our sister school who they have previously had the opportunity to meet via online video conferences
Targeting grade 8’s and 9’s for travel in their Grade 9 and 10 year.
Term 3 holidays, every second year (even-numbered years).